Sausage balls is a sausage recipe, and therefore quick to make. It makes an ideal brunch recipe because you do not really have to do much about it. Like all recipes with sausage as the main ingredient, it is very easy to make. You have processed chicken sausages at your disposal and you have to turn them into sausage balls. How difficult can that be? Not at all, provided you know the tricks.
This recipe can either be your chosen evening snacks recipe. You can pop the balls into your mouth while watching television. It is otherwise, a very popular brunch recipe for weekends, when you want to have something special.
Ingredients For Sausage Balls:
1. Chicken sausages 10
2. Baking mix 1 cup (use baking soda and flour as a replacement)
3. Onion 1 (chopped finely)
4. Garlic 2 cloves (minced)
5. Coriander leaves or celery (chopped) 2 tablespoons
6. Cheddar cheese (grated) 1 cup
7. Pepper 1 tablespoon
8. Butter for greasing pan
Procedure For Making Sausage Balls:
- Chop the sausages into 1 inch pieces. Chop the vegetables and spices required for this recipe.
- Now mix the baking mix with water. You can also use the replacements mentioned above.
- Pour all the ingredients expect butter into the pan and sprinkle pepper on it. Stir the dough-like substance to mix it properly.
- Now grease a baking pan with butter. Form balls out of the dough keeping the sausage pieces at the centre.
- Place these on the baking dish and bake for 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees.
Poke toothpicks into the sausage balls before serving them.