To make healthy pizzas, we will have to smartly choose the pizza base. The maida (all purpose flour) base is high in calories and not very easy to digest. Today, we shall help you to prepare low calorie pizza base (comparatively) at home so that you will have the freedom to choose the topping and garnish for the Italian recipe. Take a look.
Homemade Pizza Base
1. ' cup wheat flour
2. ' cup rice flour
3. ¼ cup all purpose flour (maida)
4. 2 tbsps corn flour
5. 2 tbsps powdered oats
6. 2 tsp fresh yeast (crumbled)
7. 1 tsp sugar
8. 1 tbsp olive oil
9. 1 tsp salt
Preparing The Pizza Base:
1. Combine all the ingredients (except oil) in a bowl. Knead well until a soft dough is ready.
2. Cover the dough in a wet cotton cloth (preferrable muslin) and leave it aside for about half an hour.
3. Knead the dough again and divide it into 2 equal parts.
4. Roll each portion in circle (15 - 20 cm diameter) and 0.6 centimeter thickness.
5. Prick the spread using a fork so that the base bakes evenly.
6. Bake pizzas upto 7 minutes at 150ºc. Healthy and nutritious homemade pizza base is ready.
Make your favourite topping and enjoy the Italian recipe as and when you feel like eating.