Paneer tikka is a very popular appetiser that we all love to eat. Panner makhani tikka on the other hand has the goodness of butter in it. Thus, this special paneer tikka is much more creamy and yummy than the normal paneer tikka. This particular grilled paneer recipe is symbolic of the perfect Indian cuisine as the platter comes in orange (tikka), green (garnish) and white (salad).
The tricolours make paneer makhani tikka the perfect dish to
have on India's Independence Day. To make and serve Paneer makhani
tikka in the colours of the Indian flag, you need a couple of
special tactics mentioned here.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Paneer- 300 grams (cut into cubes)
- Onions- 2 + 1(cubed)
- Green bell pepper or capsicum- 1 (cubed)
- Butter- 50 grams
- Tomato puree- 2tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala power- 1tsp
- Kasuri methi or dried fenugreek leaves- 2tbsp
- Fresh cream- 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 1/2 cup (chopped)
- White cucumber- 1 (sliced in to circles)
- Green chillies- 4 (slit)
- Salt- as per taste
1. Melt most of the butter in a shallow pan. Now add tomato puree, red chilli powder, garam masala and kasturi methi to it.
2. Season with salt and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add fresh cream and thicken the gravy for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
4. Now let the gravy cool and then marinate the paneer pieces, onions and green bell peppers with the gravy for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, pre-heat the micro-oven to 250 degrees.
6. Grease the stakes with butter and stick the paneer pieces tempered by onions (2) and green bell peppers.
7. Brush the pieces of paneer, onions and green bell peppers with butter and grill for 10 to 12 minutes. Keep adding extra gravy if the paneer gets too dry.
8. Give it a standing time of 5 minutes and then pluck out of the stakes.
9. Serve Paneer tikka makhani with green chillies, chopped cucumber and onions on the side.
This is a perfect platter to serve for India's Independence Day and pay respects to our tri-colooured flag.