Its winter and not really the season of mangoes. But you do not need real mangoes to make mango chicken kebabs or skewers. This grilled chicken recipe can be made using mango chutney or even dry mango powder. If you are missing the rich taste of mangoes in winter, then here is a special snacks recipe to perk you up. Skewers stuffed with mango flavoured chicken that have been grilled on fire or microwave will taste heavenly.
Mango chicken skewers are not only tasty but also very healthy. As a grilled chicken recipe, it has very little amount of oil. Mango chicken skewers are just perfect for an evening snack. When you get back home from office and feel really hungry, you should try this grilled chicken recipe instead of having junk foods.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Chicken (boneless)- 200 grams (cut into chewable pieces)
- Green mango chutney- 2tbsp
- Amchur or dry mango powder- 2tsp
- Green chillies- 2
- Garlic pods- 4
- Basil leaves- 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Yoghurt- 2tbsp
- Onions- 2 (cubed)
- Tomatoes- 2 (diced and cubed)
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Make a paste out of green chillies, garlic and basil leaves.
- Add this to the mango chutney and mix well.
- Now add the powdered spices like cumin and turmeric to yoghurt and whip it up.
- Mix the chutney with the yoghurt nicely and sprinkle salt over it.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the above mixture and also drizzle some oil on it.
- You can marinate the chicken for about 10 minutes.
- Then stick the chicken pieces, onions and tomatoes into 3 or 4 skewers.
- Brush the skewers with oil. Grill skewers in the microwave for 15 minutes at 80 per cent power.
Serve the mango chicken skewers with flavoured curds or raita.