Chicken kebabs are a very well appreciated dish all over the world, but it is not really seen as a healthy chicken recipe. When we are talking about healthy recipes, then we would think of soups, sandwiches, salads etc. But, grilled chicken kebabs too can be a healthy snack provided you use the right ingredients. This kebab recipe gives you the perfect snack in the form of this innovative chicken kebab.
This chicken kebab recipe uses a very unusual ingredient; honey.
Now honey gives a natural glaze to the chicken kebabs. Moreover,
the only spices used in this kebab recipe are soy sauce and black
pepper. The absence of heavy spices like chillies and garam masala
makes this a naturally healthy chicken recipe.
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Chicken cubes- 10 (skinless weighing about 250 grams)
- Baby onions- 6
- Bell peppers or capsicum- 1 (diced and cubed)
- Garlic cloves- 4
- Honey- 1tbsp
- Soy sauce- 2tbsp
- Black pepper powder- 1tbsp
- White oil- 2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
1. Whisk 1tbsp oil with honey, black pepper and soy sauce. This will be your marinade for the kebabs.
2. Mince the garlic pods and add it to the marinade. Keep at least 2tbsp marinade for brushing on the kebabs later.
3. Now put the chicken pieces along with the onions and bell peppers in the marinade. Refrigerate it for 2 hours (longer if you can).
4. After the marination time is over, stick the chicken and vegetables into skewers or stakes. Discard the extra marinade that will be watery by now.
5. Brush some oil on the kebabs and grill it in a micro-oven (pre-heated to 200 degrees).
6. You need to cook it for 15 minutes. Brush some extra marinade every 5 minutes so that the kebabs do not become too dry.
7. Give the kebabs standing time of 5 minutes so that the juices can run clear.
Serve these healthy chicken kebabs with bread or rotis. You can pierce them with toothpicks and serve the juice kebabs on a serving plate. Add some chopped salad to the plate to make it wholesome.