Though Diwali is a festival of different types of sweets, sometimes you may want to gorge up on something spicy and tangy too. Something salty and crispy in between will bring some nice change to your taste buds.
Have you ever thought of making crispy and spicy chickpeas recipe on Diwali? Then, try it this year and see how it will add more fun to your Diwali menu.
Kids, who run away from sweets, will love these snack bites in between burning crackers and playing with their friends.
Also, if you want to make something healthy on Diwali, chickpeas are a great option. These are rich in protein and vitamins and keep you feeling energetic, while there are lots of things to do on the Diwali day.
So, without further ado, here are the ingredients and the recipe of the crunchy masala chickpeas.
Serves - 1 bowl
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Also Read: Must Try Rice Recipes For Diwali
1. Chickpeas - 1 cup (par boiled)
2. Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
3. Chaat Masala - 1½ tsp
4. Dried Mint Powder - 1½ tsp
5. Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
6. Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
7. Salt to taste
Also Read: Maincourse Recipes For Diwali
1. Take a big bowl and add all the spices into it, except the chaat masala. Now, mix all the spices well and add chickpeas into it.
2. Give it a stir and sprinkle a little bit of chaat masala from above. Now, add olive oil and give it a good mix.
3. Take a baking tray and spread the chickpeas on it. Drizzle little bit of olive oil. Your chickpeas are ready to be baked. Bake those in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Bring it out from the oven and taste one. You can hear the crunch.
5. Now, sprinkle some more spices, like dried mint powder, salt and chaat masala on it and mix everything well.
6. Transfer it on to a serving bowl and serve it to your guests.
Making crunchy masala chickpeas is really easy. This snack is better than any fried snacks, as olive oil is used in it. So, make this chaat at home and have a nice and crunchy Diwali.