Before starting a full-fledged Diwali meal, why not have some appetizing delicacy? And there is nothing better than soups for that.
On Diwali, you have lots of things to do, isn't it? It is quite obvious that you can get exhausted. Having soups can keep the water balance intact in your body and you won't feel a lack of energy too.
And that is why we thought we must try your hand at preparing something different, and here we've got you a special roasted capsicum soup recipe.
You can make it with green capsicum or use red or yellow varieties as well. Each type will give you a different taste and aroma. So, here are the ingredients and a simple recipe of making the roasted capsicum soup. Read on to know more.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
1. Red Bell Peppers - 2
2. Oil - 1 tbsp
3. Tomatoes - 4 (cut into quarters)
4. Garlic - 1 clove
5. Bay Leaves - 2
6. Water - 3 cups
7. Low-fat milk - ½ cup
8. Corn Flour - 1½ tbsp
9. Salt according to taste
10. Sugar - a pinch (optional)
11. Black pepper - a pinch for garnishing (optional)
1. Take fresh and whole bell peppers and brush oil all over it. Now, hold it with a fork and roast it well on your gas stove. You should roast the bell peppers, until they turn black from the outside.
2. Now, take a bowl of water and dip the bell peppers into it. Use your hands to remove the black portion from the bell peppers.
3. When you are done with that, take out the bell peppers from the bowl and cut it into pieces. You don't need to chop it finely, as everything will be blended. Don't forget to remove the seeds.
4. Then, take a deep-bottomed pan and add the ripe red tomatoes into it..If you like the flavour of garlic, add it; otherwise skip it.
5. Now, add bay leaves for flavour, water and capsicum pieces into the pan. Let it boil and cook well. Then, turn off the stove and let the ingredients come to room temperature.
6. Once it is cooled, pour everything into a blender. Never fill your blender till the top. You can blend separately. Now, blend it well and pour the mixture into a bowl.
7. Heat a kadai and pour the mixture into it. Let it boil for some time and in the mean time, you can prepare the milk and corn starch mixture. Take cool milk and add corn flour into it. Mix it well and slowly pour this into the soup.
8. Stir continuously, so that the corn flour doesn't get too sticky. Taste the soup and if you find it little sour, add a pinch of sugar.
9. Let it boil for some time and when you get the right consistency, pour it into a soup bowl. Your roasted capsicum soup is ready to be served. You can garnish it with black pepper.
So, do try this roasted capsicum soup recipe for Diwali and let us know how your family members liked it.