People have the strong idea that healthy foods never are tasty. This is the time to delete this idea from your mind. If you get healthy foods like oats cutlet, you will know how it tastes better than any other fast foods.
Oatmeal is very healthy for your body, as it is rich in fibre and free from carbohydrate and starch. So, if you are on a diet and want something that keeps you fill for long, without making you gain weight, try oatmeal.
Now, it is true that you won't like oatmeal with milk every day at breakfast. So why not try the oats cutlet? It is tasty and at the same time healthy too.
So, here's the complete recipe of the oats tikki or cutlet, take a look.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 12 minutes
1. Rolled Oats - 1 cup
2. Cottage Cheese - ¼th cup (grated)
3. Carrot - ¼th cup (grated)
4. Potatoes - ½ cup (boiled and mashed)
5. Coriander - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
6. Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
7. Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
8. Ginger Paste - 1½ tsp
9. Green Chilli Paste - 1½ tsp
10. Garam Masala - 1 tsp
11. Dried Mango Powder - 1 tsp
12. Salt to taste
13. Low Fat Milk - ¼th cup
14. Oil - 1½ tbsp (for cooking and greasing)
1. Take oats into a bowl and add panner, carrots, mashed potatoes, coriander leaves, lemon juice, ginger and green chilli paste, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, aamchur and salt.
2. Now, mix all the ingredients together and sprinkle little water. Mix again. Now, make small tikkis of the mixture and keep them on a plate. Take a tikki and dip it into milk. Now, roll it on oats.
3. Turn on the stove and heat a tawa. Brush it with oil and put the tikkis on the pan. Cook tikkis from both the sides and add oil slowly.
4. When your cutlets get golden brown in colour, you can turn off the stove and place those cutlets on a platter. Then, serve hot with coriander and mint chutney.
Isn't the recipe very easy? Try it at home, eat tasty and be healthy.