From the land of Punjab, lassi, an exotic drink, has reached to the farthest corner of the country; there have been various recipes on how to prepare lassi. Do you know how to prepare a sweet dry fruit lassi in a true Punjabi style?
Lassi is one of the traditional drinks of India. Maximum people, especially women of the house, know how to prepare the sweet dry fruit lassi.
Here we have shared an easy dry fruit lassi recipe that can be made within minutes.
Also Read: Mango Lassi: A Soothing Drink
If you are busy in playing Holi or having fun with crackers on Diwali, this recipe will not take much time to make and you can serve your guests this chilling delicacy to increase the festivity mood of the occasion.
Beside the mouth-watering taste, the nutritional value of dry fruit lassi recipes can't be ignored. Yogurt is nutritional to your health, while the dry fruits are a powerhouse of energy and nutrients.
Serves - 4 glasses
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
1. Hung Curd - 3 cups
2. Jaggery Syrup - 1 cup
3. Milk - 1 cup
4. Dry Ginger Powder - a pinch
5. Dates (seedless) - 3 (chopped)
6. Cashews - 2 tbsp (chopped)
7. Almonds - 2 tbsp (chopped)
8. Pistachio - 2 tbsp (chopped)
9. Walnuts - 2 tbsp (chopped)
10. Peanuts - 2 tbsp (chopped)
11. Raisins - 2 tbsp (chopped)
12. Munakka (Big raisins) - 1 tbsp
13. Chironjee - 1 tbsp
14. Sugar - As per taste
15. Condensed milk - 3 tbsp (optional)
16. Salt - a pinch
17. Saffron - a few strands
1. Cashews and Almonds - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
2. Scraped fresh coconut - 1½ tbsp
3. Chocolate Shavings - 2-3 tbsp (optional)
4. Saffron - 2-3 strands
5. Ice cubes - 4
Also Read: Chilled Matka Lassi Recipe
1. Heat a pan and roast in the cashews, almonds, peanuts, pistachios and walnuts. Let them cool down.
2. Take a blender and add the roasted nuts and munakka, dates, raisins and chironjee into it.
3. Now, add some milk to make the paste smooth.
4. Take it out into a deep-bottomed bowl.
5. Now, add yogurt, jaggery syrup and milk into the paste and beat it well.
6. Add saffron and sugar as per taste. You can add condensed milk to make it richer.
7. Now, pour the mixture into the blender and blend everything well. If you find it to be too thick, add in the cold milk. But, never add water, as it should be served thick.
8. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes to serve it chilled.
9. After 30 minutes, take beautiful serving glasses and make swirl of chocolate syrup (optional).
10. Pour the chilled lassi into the glass and garnish it with chopped cashews, almonds and saffron strands. Top it with freshly scraped coconut and don't forget to pour in the ice cubes.
Now, you know how to prepare the sweet dry fruit lassi. So, make it during any occasion and bring a smile onto the faces of your near and dear ones.