Do you want to taste the Indian version of a burger or as some may say, a sandwich? Surprised, right? Actually, today, people get so amused by the foreign food items that they forget there are plenty of dishes in India, which taste better than the usual fast foods, and are healthy too.
Dabeli is one of those types of traditional foods that can beat pizzas, burgars, etc., in many ways. It comes from the special cuisine of Gujarat, especially in the Kutch region. Dabeli can be your regular evening snack, for the days you want to try something different and yummy.
So, let's have a look at the ingredients and the recipe of making a Dabeli. This crunchy snack will really go well as an evening snack when you have guests.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
For The Stuffing
1. Dabeli Masala - 1½ tbsp
2. Sweet Chutney - 2 tbsp
3. Oil - 1 tbsp
4. Potatoes - 1¼ cup (boiled, peeled and mashed)
5. Coriander - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
6. Coconut - 2 tbsp (finely grated)
7. Salt to taste
8. Pomegranate - 2 tbsp
9. Dabeli Pav - 4
10. Masala Peanuts - 4 tsp
11. Garlic Chutney - 4 tsp
12. Onions - 4 tsp (finely chopped)
13. Sweet Chutney - 2 tbsp
14. Nylon Sev - 4 tsp
15. Butter - 2 tbsp (for cooking)
1. Take a bowl and add the dabeli masala and sweet chutney into it. Mix well. If you find it getting too sticky and dry, add water into it to make it a little runny.
2. Now, heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the mixture. Add the mashed potatoes immediately into it. And then add salt. Add water as required. Cook well.
3. When your dabeli masala is ready, take it out into a flat plate and garnish it with some chopped coriander, pomegranate and grated coconut.
4. To do the next step, you will need a dabeli pav. Cut it from the middle; but don't separate the two halves. It should open like a suitcase.
5. Now, prepare the base with garlic chutney and sweet chutney and fill it with the prepared masala. Brush the other side of the dabeli bread with both the chutneys and top the masala with chopped onions, peanuts and sev. Close it.
6. Now, turn on the gas stove and heat it. Add butter into it and heat the dabeli on either side. Heat the dabelis until they turn brown in colour.
7 Then, take them out and serve hot.