Thai chilli fish is a very popular and delicious seafood. This side dish can be teamed up with rice, noodles, or even Indian breads. The Thai chilli fish contains lot of spices and the fish is cooked or grilled. The fish is topped with Thai chilli sauce that is made with spices like that red chilli, cilantro roots, sweet chilli sauce to name a few.
This seafood dish is juicy and a treat for fish lovers. Grilling Thai chilli fish is best as it stores the proteins and nutrients of fish. However, you can sometimes cook it in little oil so that it becomes crisp or doesn't smell of grilled meat. The recipe to make this Thai chilli fish is very easy. If you are organising a barbeque party, try this seafood dish.
Thai chilli fish recipe:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- Whole fish- 1
- Thai red chilli- 2 (chopped)
- Shallot/onion-2 (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 4-5 pods (chopped)
- Cilantro roots- 2 (chopped)
- Fish sauce- ½ cup
- Tamarind pulp- ¼ cup
- Palm sugar- 4tbsp
- Vegetable oil- ½ cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Cilantro leaves- chopped
- Red peppers- ½ (sliced)
- Wash the fish and remove the skin and fillets. You can either use the whole fish or cut them into medium size pieces. Keep it on a plate.
- Heat 2tbsp of oil in a skillet. When the oil becomes hot, add shallot, cilantro roots, garlic and fry on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add palm sugar, fish sauce, tamarind pulp and 2tbsp of water. Mix well and stir on low flame. Let it cook till the sauce becomes thick. Put the pan off flame. Let it cool.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Slowly add the fish and fry for few minutes. When the fish turns golden brown and looks crisp, drain it out and keep on paper towels.
- Now spread the prepared sauce over the fried fish.
Thai chilli fish is ready to eat. Garnish with cilantro leaves and red pepper. Serve it hot.