Prawn salad is a mouth-watering prawn recipe that is both healthy and tasty. It is a low calorie salad recipe that can be blended with your favourite vegetables. You can make this prawn salad on any day as it is a very simple and healthy salad recipe. A fresh prawn salad can elevate your mood at any time of the day. This healthy salad recipe does not need much cooking. You can serve a prawn salad with cocktails or any other main course dish.
The best part of this prawn recipe is that it does not need much
cooking and hence, has most of its nutritional values remain
intact. The tangy taste of this healthy salad recipe comes from the
lemon juice used in it. Try making a prawn salad with this
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Prawns- 250 grams (de-veined)
- Lime Juice- 2-3tbsp
- Potato- 2-3 (boiled and peeled)
- Onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Carrots- 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies- 3-4 (finely chopped)
- Lettuce Leaves- 1 cup (coarsely chopped)
- Tomato- 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves- ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Oregano- 1-1 ½tbsp
- Salt- To taste
For The Prawn Salad
- Take the de-veined prawns and put them in a pressure cooker over the gas oven. Let it whistle once over a high flame.
- After the pressure releases from the pressure cooker, strain the extra water from the prawns and keep them aside in a large bowl.
- Marinate the prawns for about 5 minutes in lemon juice, sugar and some salt.
- Now take the potato and cut it into small cubes. Add them into the prawns.
- Add the onion, carrots, green chillies, lettuce leaves, tomato and coriander in the same bowl and mix well.
For The Serving
- Distribute the salad equally in large bowls.
- Sprinkle oregano and serve it to your guests.
Try this recipe at home and see how it fetches you appreciations. This yummy salad is simply apt for all occasions and is sure to be liked by all. this is also an excellent dish for all sea-food lovers.