Prawn crackers can be made in literally 20 minutes. All you have to do for this fried prawns recipe is get all the basic ingredients together and begin. The best part about this party snacks is that you can make it even as your guests arrive. Quick, yummy and light, what can be better?
Ingredients For Prawn Crackers:
1. Small crackers 10-15
2. Prawns (smallest size) 1 bowl
3. Green bell peppers or capsicum 1 (chopped finely)
4. Tomato puree 2 tablespoons
5. Onion 1 (chopped finely)
6. Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
7. Green chillies 3 (chopped finely)
8. Red chilli powder 1 tablespoon
9. Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
10. Pepper 1 tablespoon
11. Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
12. Coriander leaves or parsley 2 tablespoons
13. Ajwain or carum seeds
14. Oil 1 tablespoon
15. Salt as per taste
Procedure For Prawn Crackers:
- Heat oil in a shallow pan and season it with ajwain or carom seeds. Saute the onions in it until it turns golden brown.
- Add the prawns. As they are really small the will fry along with the onions. If you cannot get that size, chop the bigger prawns into small pieces.
- As the prawns redden add ginger garlic paste and bell peppers. Cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame. Add green chillies and then the tomato puree. Add all the spices and salt to the pan now. Stir the mixture to make it even.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame. Meanwhile roast the crackers on a dry pan or else just microwave them for 1 minutes; they will puff up.
- Put a spoonful of the gravy on each cracker.
You can serve prawn crackers with onion rings and white sauce.