Prawn recipes are among the healthiest foods, especially if you are dieting. Shrimps are low in calories and have plenty of vital minerals. That is why a good proportion of diet recipes are prawn recipes. The dish that we are preparing today is Margarita Shrimp Salad. This salad recipe is basically citrus in flavour. The triple ingredients, tequila, lime and orange make up the zesty flavour of Margarita Shrimp Salad.
If you are on a diet, this is one of the healthiest salad recipes for you. Not only is Margarita Shrimp Salad rich in nutrients, it is also filling and low in calories. If you want to try a salad recipe with a difference, then you should definitely go for this one.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Times: 5 minutes
- Shrimps (medium size)- 10 (300 grams)
- Tequila- 2tbsp
- Orange juice (with the peel)- 2tbsp
- Lime juice- 2tbsp
- Baby onions- 6 (peeled)
- Sour cream- 1 cup
- Green chillies- 2 (minced)
- Pepper (freshly ground)- 1tsp
- Lettuce leaves- 4
- Olives- 4 (chopped)
- Carrot- 1 (grated)
- Vinegar- ½ cup
- Virgin Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Marinate the shrimps with lime juice, orange juice, salt and tequila for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the onions in vinegar and grate the carrots.
- Add green chillies,1tsp olive oil and half the pepper to the sour cream and whip it up to make the salad dressing.
- Now warm the rest of the olive oil in a shallow pan. Add the prawns (minus the marinade) to the pan and saute until the prawns turn pink.
- Then add the marinade to the pan and bring it to boil. Simmer for a minute as the citrus sauce thickens.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a plate and pout the prawns with the sauce on it. Place the onions, olives and grated carrots on one side of the plate.
- Now sprinkle salt and pepper. You can place the salad dressing on the side or pour it over the prawns.
Have Margarita Shrimp Salad as lunch or dinner. You can have it with brown bread or fruit juices.