Fish with yogurt (doi maach) recipe:
500 gms white fish
2 cups yogurt, blended into a fine paste
½ cup all purpose flour
1½ tbsp ginger garlic and onion paste
1 tomato, finely chopped
3-5 green chillies
red chilli powder
1 tbsp oil
water (if required)
Directions to prepare doi maach:
1. Clean and cut the fish pieces into medium cube size pieces.
Coat them with dry flour.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Now fry these coated fish pieces until brown. Keep them aside.
3. Heat ½tsp oil in a skillet and fry cinnamon and cardamom. Add ginger, garlic, onion paste, red chilli, turmeric, coriander and cumin powder to it. Mix well.
4. Now, add tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes. Mix all the ingredients well to make a paste. You can add little water to increase the quantity. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add yogurt and stir well. Cook till oil is separated and add fish pieces to the paste. Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
Fish yogurt or doi maach is ready to eat! Serve with hot steamed rice.