Pork vindaloo is essentially a spicy pork recipe. This happens to be a popular fiery recipe of Goa. So, prepare this vindaloo recipe if you are in a mood to have something hot and spicy in your meal. This pork vindaloo recipe is actually of Portuguese origin and in the original recipe wine is used. But, we will replace wine with vinegar in this recipe.
Pork vindaloo can be prepared very easily and will surely be appreciated by your family. The main ingredients that you will need for this curry recipe is pork, vinegar, dried red chillies, ginger, garlic etc. Scroll down to learn about the ingredients and procedure.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Pork- 750 grams
- Vineger- ¾ cup
- Dried Red Chillies- 4-5
- Cumin Seeds- 2tsp
- Ginger- 3 pieces (1 inch size each)
- Garlic- 7-8 pods
- Cinnamon- 2
- Cloves- 3-4
- Cardamom- 2
- Dried Coconut- 2-3tbsp
- Peppers- 2-3
- Turmeric Powder- 2-3tsp
- Onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Vegetable Oil- 5-6tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Place pork in the pressure cooker and add some water & salt to it. Let it cook for 2-3 whistles on a high flame. Let the pressure release. Strain the extra water and keep aside. This will help you cook the pork in a much lesser time.
- Take the vinegar in a glass bowl and add dried red chillies, cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, dries coconut and peppers in it. Let it soak for at least 10-15 minutes. Then put it in the blender and make a fine paste.
- Place a frying pan over the gas oven and add the vegetable oil to it. Add the ground paste into the pan. Stir on a low flame for 1-2 minutes. Add the pork pieces and some salt to it and then again stir for 3-4 minutes on a high flame.
- Add 1-2 cups of water now and let the whole mixture come to a boil. Put on a lid and leave it to simmer for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Then remove the lid and add the chopped onions. Let it boil on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes and then turn off the gas oven.
- Your pork vindaloo is now ready to be served.
Serve pork vindaloo hot with a main course dish. You may also garnish it with some chopped coriander and then serve it.