After a series of all the Hindu festivals, it's that time of the year to celebrate the second most important festival of the Muslims and that's Bakrid.
Yes, Bakrid is a very important festival that is celebrated with zeal and zest across the world. This year, Bakrid falls on September 12th that is on a Monday, across India (though the dates at times can vary).
Well, on this special day, you need to prepare some of the best recipes. Many non-vegetarian recipes are prepared, among which mutton chaap is one recipe that you have got to prepare for Bakrid.
Mutton chaap tastes best when it is served with hot rotis and biryani. There are two ways in which you can prepare this recipe. You could either barbecue the coated mutton pieces or you can pressure cook them.
However you'd like to prepare the mutton chaap, let us assure you it tastes really great and is worth a try! So, read on to know how to prepare the mutton chaap curry recipe for Bakrid.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 20 minutes
Preparation time - 1 and a 1/2 hours
- Mutton pieces - 500 g
- Onion paste - 3 teaspoons
- Ginger & garlic paste - 3 to 4 teaspoons
- Chilli flakes - 1 teaspoon
- Dhania (Coriander) Powder - 2 teaspoons
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoons
- Lemon Juice - 2 teaspoons
- Tomato Puree - 1 cup
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Take a large bowl, add the mutton pieces into it.
- To it add curd, red chilli powder, dhania powder and chilli flakes.
- Let it marinate for about 1 hour.
- After the mentioned time, take a pressure cooker, add some oil, onion paste, ginger and garlic paste and saute it well.
- Then, add the marinated mutton pieces, salt and lemon juice.
- Saute all the ingredients well and add water accordingly to make it into a gravy.
- Pressure cook it for 4 whistles.
- Open the lid after the mentioned time and serve it to your family members and friends on the occasion of Bakrid.
This is a simple and rich recipe that you have to try for Bakrid. Prepare this recipe and let us know your feedback.