A butter rice recipe is very simple and endearing. This meat rice has an amazing flavour that mainly comes from of the butter used in it. You just need some whole spices, vegetables, butter, rice and meat for this meat butter & rice recipe. Even if you are an amateur in the kitchen you can easily prepare this meat rice within no time. You can also make a pure vegetarian recipe of butter rice. But here we will try a non vegetarian butter rice recipe with mutton kheema (minced meat). Make butter rice using this simple recipe.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- Mutton Kheema- 1 ½kg
- Butter- 7-8tbsp
- Cardamom- 2
- Cinnamon- 1
- Cloves- 2-3
- Black Cumin Seeds- 1tsp
- Onions- 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Basmati Rice- 500gms
- Sugar- 1-2tsp
- Cashew Nuts- ½ cup
- Spring Onions- 2 cups (finely chopped)
- Salt- To taste
For Making The Butter Rice
- Take 3-4 cups of water in a pressure cooker over a gas oven and add the mutton kheema and some salt to it. Let it whistle at least 1-2 times on a high flame.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker after 10-15 minutes and check if the meat is properly boiled. Keep it aside
- Now take 5-6tbsp of butter in a deep bottomed frying pan and place it over a gas oven. Let the butter melt on a low flame.
- Put the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves into the pan. Stir it on a low flame for a minute.
- Now add the black cumin seeds, onions and some salt to the same pan. Fry it on a medium flame till the onions are golden brown in colour.
- Add the meat to it and saute the whole mixture on a low flame for 3-4 minutes. Add the rice to it and again stir fry for 4-8 minutes over a low flame.
- Pour in the meat stock in the pan and cover it with a lid. Let it simmer on a low flame for 10-15 minutes, till the rice gets boiled.
- Open the lid and if the rice is well cooked then add the sugar, cashew nuts and 1tbsp of butter to it. Stir for 2-3 minutes on a low flame and bring your butter rice down from the gas oven.
For The Serving
- Take a frying pan over a gas oven and put it on a low flame. Add 1tbsp of butter and some salt to it.
- Put the spring onions into the pan. Fry on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Now distribute the butter rice over as many plates as desirable according to your appetite.
- Garnish with the blanched spring onions and serve the butter rice hot.
Try this simple recipe of butter rice and impress everyone with your cooking skills.