Kheema recipes usually cooks faster because the meat in minced. Without bones, the meat cooks quickly. This Indian mutton recipe should take about half an hour to cook.
Ingredients For Kheema Kaleji:
- Kheema or minced mutton 750 grams
- Liver 250 grams
- Onions 3 (chopped)
- Garlic 8 pods
- Ginger 2 inches
- Green chillies 4 (chopped)
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Black peppercorns 10
- Cardamom 4 pods
- Cloves 4
- Cinnamon sticks 1 inch
- Red chilli powder 1tbsp
- Coriander powder 1tsp
- Tomato 1 (chopped)
- Curd 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf 1
- Coriander leaves (chopped) 2tbsp
- Oil 2tbsp
- Ghee (clarified butter) 2tbsp
- Salt as per taste
Procedure For Kheema Kaleji:
1. Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. Season it with bay leaves.
2. Saute the chopped onions in the oil until they turn golden and translucent.
3. Meanwhile, grind garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, cardamom, peppercorns, cinnamon and cloves into a thick paste.
4. When the onions start smelling good, add the kheema and the liver to the pan. Cook them on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
5. Sprinkle chopped green chillies and add the paste to the pan. Now mix it well and cook for at least 5 minutes on a low flame.
6. When the spices look cooked and start oozing oil, add chopped tomatoes, salt, red chilli and coriander power. Cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add 1 cup of water. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
8. Wait for the excess gravy to soak up. Add 2 spoons of curd, mix the contents and cook for 2 minutes.
Garnish Kheema Kaleji with ghee and coriander leaves.