Gustaba is a popular meat balls recipe. It is a mutton delicacy prepared with minced meat and a blend of spices. Gustaba is one of the best of meat balls recipe. The succulent flavours melt in the mouth and give you a wonderful experience. Gustaba is one of the most popular non-vegetarian Kashmiri recipe. This Kashmiri recipe is primarily white in colour due to the curd and macadam used in it. The essential creamy nature of this Kashmiri recipe is simply irresistible. Try making gustaba with this easy meat balls recipe.
Preparation Time: 1 Hour
- Minced Mutton- 1kg
- Mutton Fat- 200gms
- Clove Seeds- 1tsp
- Onions- 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds- 1tbsp
- Fennel Seeds- 2tbsp
- Cinnamon- 2-3
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1½tbsp
- Curd- 750gms
- Macadam- 150gms
- Pea Flour- 1-2tbsp
- Ghee Or Vegetable Oil- 1 cup
- Kasuri Methi- 1-2tsp
- Salt- To taste
- Take the minced mutton, mutton fat, clove seeds and some salt in a blender and mix well. Now take the mixture out and make small meat balls. Keep the meat balls aside on a plate.
- Keep another deep bottomed frying pan on the gas oven and add ghee or vegetable oil to it. Put the gas on a medium flame and add the chopped onions to it.
- Fry it till it turns dark brown and then mix them in a blender. Keep this mixture aside in a small bowl.
- Now add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon and ginger garlic paste to the same pan and fry for 1-2 minutes on a low flame.
- Pour curd, macadam and pea flour into it. Continuously stir the whole mixture for 3-4 minutes on a low flame.
- Add some salt to taste and again stir the ingredients in the pan for a minute.
- Drop the meat balls into the pan and stir for 1-2 minutes on a medium flame. Add a cup of water if the mixture has become too dry. Cover the pan with a lid and keep it on a simmer for a minimum of 15-20 minutes.
- Check if the meat balls have turned soft and are properly cooked after the required time and then add kasuri methi to it. Stir for a minute over a low flame and then bring it down.
- Your gustaba is ready to be savoured.
Make gustaba with the help of this mutton recipe and serve it with either rotis or rice.