Dahi gosht is a popular North-Indian curry that is prepared with dahi (curd) and gosht (mutton). The thick and creamy curry is very spicy and delicious too. The delicate, thick and milky flavour of curd makes it a must try recipe.
You can prepare this meat curry as a side dish for your main course. Check out the recipe to prepare dahi gosht.
Dahi gosht, side dish recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Boneless leg of a lamb: 500 gms (cut into cubes)
- Yogurt: 500 gms
- Ginger and garlic paste: 2tbsp
- Green chillies: 3 (finely chopped)
- Onions: 2 (sliced)
- Tomatoes: 2 (diced)
- Turmeric powder: 1tsp
- Coriander powder: 3tbsp
- Garam masala: 2tbsp
- Lamb stock: 1 cup
- Bay leaf: 1
- Black pepper- 1tsp (grounded)
- Coriander leaves: 2tbsp (chopped)
- Salt: as per taste
- Vegetable oil: 3tbsp
- Mix salt, pepper, turmeric powder, yogurt, ginger and garlic paste (half) and green chillies in a bowl.
- After mixing these ingredients, marinate the lamb pieces in it for around 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Season with bay leaf. Saute the onions with the remaining ginger and garlic paste till the onion becomes translucent.
- Now add the tomatoes, coriander powder, garam masala and cumin powder and cook on a medium flame till the oil separates.
- Add the marinated lamb pieces and cook on a medium flame till the liquid is evaporated.
- Pour the lamb stock and cook till the curry thickens. Put the pan off-flame.
Dahi gosht is ready to eat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve as a side dish with rice or rotis.