To make crispy lamb you need some basic Chinese spices that are most often used in oriental cuisine. This Chinese food recipe is not technically challenging like dumplings. It is easy to prepare this mutton recipe using Chinese spices if you have a basic idea of how Szechuan sauce should taste.
Ingredients For Crispy Lamb:
1. Boneless lamb 300 grams (shredded roughly)
2. Corn Flour 1 cup
3. Green Chillies 3-4 minced
4. Ground Black pepper 1 tablespoon
5. Dry Red Chillies 5 (chopped finely)
6. Garlic 6 cloves (minced)
7. Ginger 2 inch piece (minced)
8. Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
9. Bamboo shoots 4-5 (chopped)
10. Green Bell Peppers or capsicums 1 (cut into long strips)
11. Soy Sauce 3 tablespoons
12. Oyster Sauce 1 tablespoon
13. Cooking Sherry 2 tablespoons
14. Salt as per taste
15. Oil half a pan for deep frying
Procedure For Crispy Lamb:
- When you shred the meat, it should not turn to minced meat. Shred it through a wide grater or cut thing strips with a knife. Choose the less fatty potions of meat.
- Mix cornflour with chopped green chillies, a dash of salt and pepper. Put the meat in it as you heat oil in a deep pan for frying.
- Deep fry the meat until it turns golden brown on medium flame. Strain the oil and soak up the rest with tissues. Keep it aside
- Take another pan and heat 2 tablespoons of oil it it. Add the red chillies first and wait till it fries well. You'll know from the strong smell that will make you sneeze.
- Turn the flame to minimum and saute the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes until it cooks properly. Now add red chilli powder, the bamboo shoots and bell peppers to it.
- Cover and cook for another 2 minutes before adding the sauces and cooking sherry to it. Steam it up for another 2 minutes and add the fried meat.
- Stir it in slowly and add just add a cup of water to it and salt. Let it bubble up and soak the water for 3-4 minutes. Then add 1 tablespoon cornflour to thicken the sauce.
You can serve crispy lamp garnished with chopped onions and parsley