Organising a barbeque party? Chicken is the most important non vegetarian food item that you would require to have for the perfect barbeque party. And wine is one of the classic alcoholic drink that brings a spark of fun in the party. Red wine is healthy for your body. Studies have shown that 1 glass of red wine every day can save you from heart diseases. So, do not think twice before adding this alcohol in your dishes. Barbeque party recipes have spicy chicken that are made with spices and vegetables. How about trying something different? Mix wine and chicken to prepare something different. Wine marinated chicken is a yummy dish that has flavour of both red wine and spices. Check out the wine marinated chicken recipe.
Wine marinated chicken recipe:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Chicken- 500gms (boneless)
- Red wine- 1 pint (any brand)
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 3-4 (sliced)
- Garlic pods- 5-7 (peeled and crushed)
- Ginger- 1 inch (minced)
- Turmeric powder- ½tsp
- Sugar- ½tsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- In a bowl, mix salt and a pinch of turmeric powder with water. Now wash and clean the chicken pieces.
- Take a fresh bowl. Marinate the chicken with wine, salt and sugar. You can even add garlic and ginger to get the strong flavour of these spices. Leave for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan. Add ginger and garlic (if you have not used while marinating). Saute and add onion, green chillies and turmeric powder. Cook for 2-4 minutes on a medium flame (till the onion pieces turn golden brown).
- Now add the marinated chicken and wine in the pan. Cook on medium flame till the chicken pieces become soft and gravy thickens.
- When you see chicken pieces are cooked, take a small spoon and taste if you require more salt or not. Do the required. Take the pan off flame after chicken cooks and gravy thickens.
Wine marinated chicken is ready to eat. Garnish with green spring onions or cilantro and serve it hot. You can team this chicken recipe with steam rice or thicken the gravy more to enjoy as a starter.