Thai fried rice is an amazing and yummy rice recipe. It is a mouth watering fried rice recipe that will grab the appreciation of all. This is actually a Thai recipe is originally called Khao Pad. Khao means rice and Pad means to fry. This is also one of the most popular fried rice recipes of Thailand. Thai fried rice just like all other fried rice recipes can be easily made. This is a non vegetarian rice recipe. You can use chicken, pork or lamb for the preparation of Thai fried rice. Here is an easy rice recipe for making Thai fried rice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Basmati Rice- 500gms
- Cloves- 2-3
- Garlic- 3-4 cloves
- Onion- 1 ½-2 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes- 2 (finely chopped)
- Thai Chilli Peppers- 1 (finely Chopped)
- Chicken Kheema- 300gms
- Eggs- 2-3
- Scallions- 3-4 (finely Chopped)
- Fish Sauce- 2-3tbsp
- Black Soy Sauce- 2-3tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder- 2tsp
- Vegetable Oil- 4-5tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Put the rice in a pressure cooker over the gas oven and add double the quantity of water. Let it whistle two times. Bring it down and take off the lid.
- Take another deep bottomed frying pan over the gas oven and add the vegetable oil to it. Put it on a low flame.
- Put the cloves and garlic into it. Stir them on a low flame for about a minute.
- Now add the tomatoes and Thai chilli peppers to it. Saute them on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes till the onions turn golden in colour.
- Add the chicken kheema to it and then stir the entire contents of the pan for 4-5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now break the eggs into the same pan and stir well. Add the scallops and fish oil to it now. Stir it well for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame. Also add some salt, black soy sauce and black pepper powder to it. Saute well for a minute.
- Now add the rice and mix it well with the other ingredients in the pan. Stir for 2-3 minutes over a low flame and then bring it down.
- Your Thai fried rice is now ready to be served.
Serve the Thai fried rice with some salad or any other vegetarian or non vegetarian dish.