This Chinese chicken recipe is easier than many others in terms
of ingredients. Pot roast chicken in this style uses the Chinese of
soy sauce and nothing else in specific. This chicken side dish is
perfect for a Chinese dinner spread because when you make this, you
need not make anything else.
Ingredients For Pot Roast Chicken:
1. Small whole chicken 800 grams
2. Soy Sauce 4 tablespoon
3. Onions 2 (sliced finely)
4. Garlic cloves 8-10 (minced)
5. Ginger 3 inch piece (m inced)
6. Green chillies 4 (minced)
7. Onion greens or spring onion stalks 5-6 (chopped)
8. Celery or coriander leaves 1 cup (chopped)
9. Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
10. Cooking sherry 1 cup
11. Pepper powder 1 tablespoon
12. Corn flour 1 tablespoon (diluted in a cup of water)
13. Oil 3 tablespoons
14. Salt as per taste
Procedure For Pot Roast Chicken:
- Wash the chicken and make small but deep incisions in it. Rub in the ginger, garlic and chilli paste.
- Rub soy sauce and lemon juice on it along with salt and pepper; let it get marinated for 20 minutes.
- You need a big pot (preferably non stick coating) with raised corners and a fitting lid to make this roast.
- Brush it with oil on all sides and cook on low flame for about an hour. You need to keep changing sides as all sides must be evenly browned.
- Keep brushing it with some oil on and off as you cover and cook the chicken.
- When you feel the chicken is done (check by inserting a knife into it.) take it out of the pan and place it on a side dish.
- Saute onions in the left over oil. When they are nicely browned add onion greens and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add cooking sherry to it and let it bubble. Throw in the celery leaves and add the corn flour solution to it.
Pour the thickened sauce over the pot roast chicken.