Non vegetarians always prefer going to the restaurants that serve chicken, fish, meat or mutton. Chicken is one of the most preferable foods among non veggies because chicken is filling and tasty too! You can use this food item to make sizzlers or snacks or main course dishes. Rice and chicken is a deadly combination. If you are a hardcore non vegetarian and love to eat Chinese, here is a special Mongolian chicken recipe. This dish is made with chicken and Mongolian sauce. It is spicy and has gravy to make a perfect side dish with rice.
Mongolian chicken sauce recipe:
- Chicken breast, boneless and skinned- 1 lb
- Cornstarch- ½ cup
- Green onions, minced or sliced- 2
- White onion, chopped- 1
- Ginger, minced- 2 tbsp
- Garlic, minced- 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder- 2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- For sauce:
- Chicken broth- ½ cup
- Cornstarch- 2 tbsp
- Oyster sauce- 1 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce- 1 ½ tbsp
- Dry sherry- 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce- 2 tbsp
- Sugar- 1 ½ tbsp
- Chilli pepper flakes- 1-2 tsp
Directions to make Mongolian chicken sauce:
- Mix chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, dry sherry, sugar, red chilli flakes and hoisin sauce. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Meanwhile, coat the chicken pieces in cornstarch. Fry them in oil for 2-3 minutes. Make sure the chicken pieces are soft and not too crisp.
- Now, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic, green and white onion. Saute till they become soft. Sprinkle the seasonings and cook for a minute. Put the pan off flame and keep it aside.
- Add chicken broth mixture in a pan and bring it to boil. When the gravy thickens completely, add the fried chicken pieces. Mix well and then cook for a minute.
Mongolian chicken sauce is ready to eat. Serve on the plate. Garnish with groundnuts. Enjoy this chicken recipe with plain or schezwan rice.