Honey glazed chicken is sweet and spicy dish. Just like any other chicken roast recipe, its preparation needs skill but, a good thing about this Easter recipe is that it can be made with very few ingredients. Prepare the honey glazed chicken this Easter and decorate your dining table.
Honey glazed chicken is not a very spicy chicken roast. It will be on the sweeter side of your palate. But, you can surely add some green pepper to make this Easter recipe a little spicy.
Ingredients For Honey Glazed Chicken:
1. Chicken (skinned and whole) 1 to 1.5 kgs
2. Honey 4 tablespoons
3. Sweet vinegar 2 tablespoons
4. Red wine 2 tablespoons
5. Garlic 7-8 cloves (minced)
6. Thyme leaves (chopped) 1 tablespoon
7. Sesame seeds 1 tablespoon
8. Cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon
9. Salt as per taste
10. Butter 1 tablespoon (for greasing pan)
Procedure For Honey Glazed Chicken:
- Cut the chicken and clean out the guts. Wash it and pat dry with a clean cloth.
- Add salt to the chicken inside-out. Leave it salted for an hour (half an hour if you are in a hurry).
- Pour the vinegar into the stomach cavity of the chicken, and stitch it up with a thread and needle.
- Prepare the 'glaze' by uniformly mixing honey and red wine together.
- Rub chicken with garlic, thyme leaves and cinnamon powder thoroughly. Apply the 'glaze' on it with a brush.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds from the top, so that they stick.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and grease the baking pan.
- Roast the chicken on the lower rack of the grill for 15 to 20 minutes. Stop once in the middle to change the side of the chicken.
- You need to give it a sitting time of 10 minutes.
This honey glazed chicken is an Easter recipe and you can serve it with an assortment of eggs.