Honey glazed chicken is not a very spicy chicken roast. It will be on the sweeter side of your palate. But, you can surely add some green pepper to make this Easter recipe a little spicy.
Ingredients For Honey Glazed Chicken:
1. Chicken (skinned and whole) 1 to 1.5 kgs
2. Honey 4 tablespoons
3. Sweet vinegar 2 tablespoons
4. Red wine 2 tablespoons
5. Garlic 7-8 cloves (minced)
6. Thyme leaves (chopped) 1 tablespoon
7. Sesame seeds 1 tablespoon
8. Cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon
9. Salt as per taste
10. Butter 1 tablespoon (for greasing pan)
Procedure For Honey Glazed Chicken:
- Cut the chicken and clean out the guts. Wash it and pat dry with a clean cloth.
- Add salt to the chicken inside-out. Leave it salted for an hour (half an hour if you are in a hurry).
- Pour the vinegar into the stomach cavity of the chicken, and stitch it up with a thread and needle.
- Prepare the 'glaze' by uniformly mixing honey and red wine together.
- Rub chicken with garlic, thyme leaves and cinnamon powder thoroughly. Apply the 'glaze' on it with a brush.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds from the top, so that they stick.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and grease the baking pan.
- Roast the chicken on the lower rack of the grill for 15 to 20 minutes. Stop once in the middle to change the side of the chicken.
- You need to give it a sitting time of 10 minutes.
This honey glazed chicken is an Easter recipe and you can serve it with an assortment of eggs.