Hakka noodles is a very popular Chinese recipe. Hakka Chinese is a unique group of individuals who are descendants of Han culture. Members of these group have preserved their culture and their cuisine is popular worldwide especially in East Asia, East Africa, Europe, South America and Canada. The Hakka style chilli chicken is a very delicious dish that is available in all the Hakka restaurants. You can have it as a side dish or as a snack in parties.
The spicy and juicy Hakka chilli chicken can be made at home too! It is an easy to make chicken recipe and you can prepare this dish in just 30 minutes. Check out this special chicken recipe.
Hakka chilli chicken recipe:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Chicken thighs- 6-7 (boned and skinned)
- Onions- 2 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 3-4(slit)
- Spring onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 4-5 (minced)
- Ginger- 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- White pepper- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds powder- 1tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Corn starch- 3tbsp
- Soy sauce- 3tbsp
- Tomato ketchup- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- 1cup
- Oil- ½ cup
- Wash the chicken pieces and cut them into bite size chunks. Season with salt, pepper and coat with 2tbsp corn starch.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a frying pan. Saute the onions in it till it turns golden brown. Add ginger, garlic, cumin and coriander powder and mix well on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Now put aside the onion in the pan or take it out in a plate. Add the chicken chunks in the pan and cook till it turns golden brown.
- Once the chicken turns brown, add the onions and mix well. Add the spring onions and green chillies. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, add water, remaining corn starch, soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Mix with a spoon and gently pour in the pan.
- Mix chicken with the sauce and bring it to boil. Once the gravy thickens, take the pan off flame.
Hakka chilli chicken is ready to eat. Serve it hot with steamed rice or have it as a snack.