Fried wontons are like tiny fried dumplings but they have a thinner crust. This Chinese recipe with chicken stuffing is an amazing way to begin your meal. You have chicken wontons with cocktails and drinks; just pick and eat. This chicken chicken recipe basically comprises of batter fried chicken. The chicken for fried wonton is minced and wrapped in a crust and then this chicken is batter fried. The meat is spiced mildly with typical Chinese spices like soy and celery.
Chicken wontons are a deep fried snacks so it is pointless for you to expect this Chinese chicken recipe to be low fat are healthy. But its deliciousness we can vouch for.
Ingredients For Fried Wontons :
1. Chicken 400 grams (minced)
2. Shallots or baby onions 2 (chopped finely)
3. Ginger 2 inches piece (grated)
4. Garlic 2-3 cloves (minced)
5. Celery or coriander leaves ' cup (chopped)
6. Lemon grass 2 tablespoons (chopped)
7. Water chestnuts 2 tablespoons (squeezed)
8. Butter 1 tablespoon
9. Wonton wrappers 20
10. Salt as per taste
11. Oil half a pan (for deep frying)
Procedure For fried Wontons:
- Take a non-stick pan and heat 1 tablespoon oil it. Saute the shallots for about 2 minutes while the turn golden, add the ginger and garlic to it.
- Throw in the minced chicken and cook it until it looks done (the colour of raw meat should be missing). Add salt and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add lemon grass and celery towards the end then pour the water chestnuts for flavour. Cover and cook for 2 minutes before removing from flame.
- Let the chicken cool for sometime ( at least half hour).
- Then put 1 tablespoon of chicken filing on each wonton wrapper, fold the square into halves diagonally and seal the edges with your finger.
- Start heating oil in deep pan while you brush butter on the outer layer of the wontons. The oil needs to be pipping hot. Deep fry them until the turn golden.
Serve fried wontons with salads and sauces of your choice.