Salads are not only very easy to make but also highly preferred. Well if you are of the convention that salads can be made with vegetables and fruits only then its high time to change it. Salads can be non-vegetarian also including items like meat and fish.
Have a fetish for chicken? Here is a very simple recipe of cold chicken with a lot of other healthy ingredients. Cold Chicken salad is like any other non-vegetarian salad that comprises chicken as its prime ingredient. This chicken salad recipe can be complemented with a wide variety of dressings to suit the taste palates of different persons.
Ingredients For Cold Chicken Salad:
- Boneless Chicken- 250gms
- Spring Onions- 4-5
- Butter- ½tbsp
- Potatoes- 250gms
- Black Grapes- 100-150gms
- Raisins- 25gms
- Mayonnaise- ½ cup
- Black Pepper- ½tbsp
- Salt- To taste
Procedure For Making Cold Chicken Salad:
- Boil the chicken in water and sprinkle some salt and pepper into it.
- As soon as the chicken gets boiled down leave it aside to cool.
- Chop the spring onions finely and saute them for a few minutes in butter over medium flame.
- Now boil the potatoes, peel them and cut into small cubes.
- Keep the potatoes aside.
- Chop the apples in the same fashion as that of the potatoes.
- Wash the grapes properly and cut them into two halves.
- Keep the apples and grapes aside in a bowl.
- Take a big glass bowl and pour the chicken, potatoes, spring onions, raisins and mayonnaise into it.
- Mix well all the ingredients and sprinkle some salt and pepper over them.
- Garnish with grapes.
- The ingredients in the container will look extremely appealing to the eyes after the final garnishing.
- You may now place the glass bowl into the refrigerator and let it cool.
Serve the cold chicken salad among your guests when it gets chilled. This offbeat chicken salad recipe will surely increase the appetite of your guests and you shall be placed with more and more requests of serving it on all occasions. This non-vegetarian salad will definitely be relished by everyone. It is not only tasty but also very easy to make.