Use this easy chicken recipe for preparing chicken rogan josh at home and serve it with either chapatis or rice.
Preparation Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- Chicken- 1kg (boneless)
- Yoghurt- 250gms
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 3-4tbsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 ½tbsp
- Cumin Powder- 1 ½tbsp
- Turmeric- 1tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1tbsp>
- Black Pepper- 1tbsp
- Cardamom- 2-3
- Cinnamon- 1-2
- Cloves- 1-2
- Onions- 4-5 (paste)
- Tomatoes- 1-2 (finely chopped)
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder- 2tbsp
- Sugar- 1tbsp
- Garam Masala- 1tbsp
- Coriander- 1 cup ( finely chopped)
- Oil- 5-6tbsp
- Salt- To Taste
For The Chicken Rogan Josh:
- Take the chicken in a large bowl and add yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric, red chilli powder, black pepper and some salt to it.
- Mix well and let it marinate for about 1 hour.
- Now take a deep frying pan over a gas oven and pour the oil into it. Add the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves into the oil.
- Put the onions in the same pan and fry till golden brown.
- Now add the tomatoes, Kashmiri red chilli powder and sugar to it. Stir well for 2-3 minutes over a low flame.
- Add the chicken into it. Saute for 3-4 minutes over a medium flame. Lower the flame and cover it with a lid.
- Let it simmer over a low flame for at least 30 minutes till the chicken becomes soft.
- Now take off the lid after the required time and again saute the whole mixture for 3-4 minutes over a medium flame.
- Add a cup of water if the mixture has turned too dry and stir well.
- Your rogan josh recipe is now ready to be served.
For The Serving
- Equally divide the chicken rogan josh in 4 or six plates as desirable.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve it hot.
This easy recipe for chicken rogan josh is ideal for home cooking. Make it on any day or a specific occasion to get praises as a fine cook.