Chicken is an all time hit food item for non vegetarians. Well you can use this chewy item to make spicy starters. If you are organising a barbeque party at your home, you have to prepare many items. Easy recipes are a survival for the host of the party! If you want to make something delicious and amazing without putting much effort, here is the chicken paprika recipe for you. Paprika is a spice that can add a different taste to the chicken recipe.
Chicken paprika recipe:
Preparation time- 45-50 minutes
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Hungarian paprika- 3-4tbsp
- Ground pepper- 1tsp
- Chicken pieces- ½ cup
- Onion- 1 cup (chopped)
- Vegetable oil- 4tbsp
- Chicken broth- 2 cups
- Cream or yogurt- 1 cup
- Oil/butter- 2 tbsp
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Salt them and keep aside.
- Heat 1tbsp butter in frying pan. Shallow fry the chicken pieces on medium flame for 4-6 minutes until they turn golden brown. Cook on both the sides and then keep the pieces aside.
- Heat oil and butter (1tbsp butter) in a deep bottom pan. Cook the onions until they turn tender soft and brown in colour.
- Now add the paprika, chicken broth and ground pepper. Mix well with the onions and let the broth thicken.
- Slowly add the chicken pieces and cook the mixture on medium flame for 30-40 minutes. When the chicken pieces are done, put the pan off flame. Add the cream and mix well. If you want you can cook for another 1-2 minutes more to thicken the cream.
Chicken paprika is ready to eat. You can serve this amazing dish with plain rice or noodles.