The recipe for gnocchi is also a pretty easy Italian recipe. Italian cuisine is simply incomplete without gnocchi which can be eaten in different forms and with different ingredients. This easy Italian recipe using chicken, cream and gnocchi is a very iconic one.
Ingredients For Making Gnocchi:
1. Potatoes 4 (boiled)
2. Egg 1
3. Flour 2 cups
4. Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
5. Salt as per taste
6. Pepper 1 tablespoon
Recipe For Gnocchi:
- Boil the potatoes and peel them quickly before the they get cold. Mash it with a masher or else you will burn your fingers.
- Break an egg into it and mix it up quickly to soak up the heat from the warm potatoes.
- Add salt, pepper and half the flour to it and knead into a dough with olive oil. Meanwhile put a pot of water to boil on the flame.
- Take a handful of dough, dust it with flour and roll it into cylinders about 6 inches long. Cut it into 3 equal halves.
- Boil these in the water until the float up (about 10 minutes).
Ingredients For Chicken Gnocchi:
1. Chicken breast pieces 4-6 (boneless preferred)
2. Gnocchi 10-15
3. Garlic 6-7 cloves (minced)
4. Parsley or coriander leaves ' cup (chopped)
5. Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
6. Fresh cream 1 ' cups
7. White wine 2 tablespoons
8. Chicken stock 1 cup
9. Pepper powder 1 tablespoon
10. Salt as per taste
11. Olive oil 4 tablespoons
Procedure For Chicken Gnocchi:
- Marinate chicken with lemon juice, garlic and pepper. Heat oil in a pan and fry it covered on low flame for 20 minutes until both sides are cooked.
- In another pan, heat oil and saute the other half of garlic in it. Add the white wine and chicken stock to this pan and wait till it gets reduced by 1/3rd.
- Now add the pepper, parsley and salt. Stir in the cream slowly and cook for 5-7 minutes on low flame. The white sauce will thicken deliciously.
- Now place the gnocchi on a plate, top it with chicken and pour the creamy sauce over it.
Serve creamy chicken with gnocchi for a special dinner casserole.