Indian Cuisine Recipes
Ingredients for chicken dum biriyani:
- 1 kg chicken (washed and drained)
- 2 large onions (chopped finely)
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1/2 cup milk (boiled for about 30 seconds)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsps ghee + 5 tbsps oil
- 11/2 biriyani masala (cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and pepper)
- 2 cups basmati rice (boiled with ghee fried cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, mint and salt )
- 3/4 cup curds
- 8-10 green chillies (slit)
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 3/4 cup pudina leaves
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- Salt according to taste
Making Chicken Dum Biriyani:
1 Marinate the chicken for about 4-5 hours in the masala listed for marination. Leave it aside
2.Meanwhile heat a teaspoon of oil in the vessel and fry onions until it turns brown and crispy (caramalised).
3. Add a few strands of saffron in the luke warm milk.
4. In a thick bottom cooker, add oil and fry the marinated chicken pieces for about two minutes.
5. To this, spread a layer of rice and add ghee. Sprinkle caramalized onion, chopped coriander and saffron milk.
6. Place the lid and cook for 25 – 30 minutes (for better taste you can close the lid with wheat dough and heat the cooker on an iron pan). Tasty chicken dum biriyani is ready.
Enjoy the tasty chicken biriyani recipe with gravy or raita. This non vegetarian recipe is rich and has authentic hyderabadi biriyani taste.