Chicken do pyaza is a delectable spicy curry with a fine blend of onions in it. 'Do' means two and "pyaz' means onions. Hence it is evident from the name of the chicken recipe itself that it contains double the amount of onions in comparison to ordinary chicken curries. Chicken do pyaza is a South Asian chicken curry recipe never fails to satisfy the taste buds of foodies. This chicken recipe can be served with rice or chapatis. A breathtaking combination of onions, Indian spices and chicken; this spicy chicken curry recipe can be served on all occasions.
Here is the chicken do pyaza recipe.
- Chicken- 1 kg (boneless)
- Onions- ½ kg (finely chopped)
- Curd- 200-250gms
- Chilli Powder- 1 ½ -2tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 5-6tbsp
- Turmeric- 1tbsp
- Garam Masala- 2tbsp
- Bay Leaves- 2-3
- Coriander Powder- 1 ½ -2tbsp
- Cumin Powder-1tbsp
- Tomato Puree- 2 cups
- Green Chillies- 3-4 (slit)
- Coriander Leaves- 1 cup
- Potatoes- 5-6
- Oil- 7-8tbsp
- Salt- To taste
For The Chicken Do Pyaza
- Take half the onions you have and make a fine paste of it.
- Now take the chicken pieces in a large bowl and add the onion paste, curd, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, turmeric and some salt to it.
- Mix well and let it marinate for at least an hour or two.
- Take a deep frying pan, place it over the gas oven and put 3-4tbsp of oil into it.
- Add the bay leaves and remaining onions into the oil. Saute it on a medium flame till onions turn golden brown.
- Pour the tomato puree, green chilies, cumin and coriander powder into it. Stir well for 2-3 minutes over a medium flame.
- Now add the chicken and cover it with a lid. Let it simmer on a low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Take off the lid after the required time and stir it for another 1-2 minutes.
- Your chicken do pyaza is now ready to be served.
For The Serving:
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Put a frying pan over the gas oven and add 3-4tbsp of oil into it. Deep fry the potatoes.
- Now take 4 plates and serve the chicken do pyaza and the fried chips equally in each.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Try out this chicken recipe at home and see how it earns you the reputation of being a good cook.