This chicken casserole is perfect dinner, especially if you have guests. The total preparation time for this chicken with cream and onion recipe would be something in between 20 to 30 minutes. We call it a gourmet recipe due to the classy continental look and taste of the dish but judging by difficulty is an easy chicken recipe.
Ingredients For Chicken Cream And Onion:
1. Chicken (boneless) 300 grams (cut into medium sized pieces)
2. Chicken broth 1 can (or boil chicken and drain the water)
3. Onion 1 (chopped finely)
4. Ground pepper 1 tablespoon
5. Oregano 1 tablespoon
6. Basil leaves (chopped) 2 tablespoons
7. Mint leaves (chopped) 1 tablespoon
8. Fresh cream 1 cup
9. Butter 50 grams
10. Salt as per taste
Procedure For Chicken in Cream And Onion Sauce:
- Heat half the butter in a non-stick pan. Season the chicken with salt pepper and oregano and stir fry in the butter.
- Do not brown it or make it hard. Just stir fry till it stars smelling good and looking golden.
- Meanwhile heat the rest of the butter in a deep pan. Saute the onions in this pan until it turns golden brown (5 to 7 minutes) on low flame.
- Add cream to the onions and stir well. Season it with the ground spices and chopped herbs; add a pinch of salt and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Drop the chicken pieces into it, add chicken broth to the pan and cook covered for 5-7 minutes on low flame as the sauce thickens.
You can serve your creamy chicken by garnishing with fresh herbs like basil or cilantro (coriander leaves).