Asian spiced chicken is served with specially flavoured rice. Thus Asian Chicken with rice makes a complete meal. This Asian chicken recipe not only gives you the recipe of the chicken but also gives cooking instructions about how the rice should be prepared. Asian chicken recipe uses all the oriental spices. Asian chicken is basically boiled chicken drenched in sauce. The rice that is served with Asian spiced chicken is boiled in chicken stock.
You will find a hint of Chinese influence on Asian chicken as it
uses soy sauce in generous amounts. But the thrifty green chillies
and garlic is our very own Indian addition to this Asian chicken
recipe. When you try this, you have to serve the rice with chicken
in casserole style.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- Chicken breasts- 4 (weighing about 100 grams each)
- Water- 6 cups
- Garlic- 10 pods (minced)
- Ginger- 2 inches (minced)
- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Spring onions- 5 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 4 (chopped)
- Chilli sauce- 1tbsp
- Soy sauce- 1tbsp
- Sugar- 1tsp
- Vinegar- 2tsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
1. Boil chicken with salt in 6 cups of water for 20 minutes on low flame.
2. Remove the boiled chicken pieces and set it aside. Save the water which is the chicken stock now.
3. Heat a bit of oil in a deep bottomed pan. Add 1tsp of minced garlic and ginger each. Cook it for a minute and add rice to it.
4. Add 4 cups of water, cover with a lid and cook the rice for 20 minutes on low flame or until it is done.
5. Meanwhile heat oil in a shallow pan and season it with green chillies. Then add the rest of the ginger and garlic to it along with spring onions.
6. Pour the sauces, vinegar and sugar into it. Season with salt and add 2 cups of chicken stock.
7. Cook on low flame until the sauce reduces by half.
Serve the rice with chicken (boiled) and pour the sauce over it. Garnish with coriander or mint leaves.