Tacos is a traditional Mexican dish that is made with a crisp crust and vegetable or meat stuffing. The cheesy tacos are also popular in the Italian cuisine as Italian sandwich. They can either be made with hard or soft crust. It all depends on your personal choice.
Italian tacos are sprinkled with oregano and red chilli flakes. The spicy Italian tacos can be made at home. You can have it as a snack or as a light dinner meal. However, cheese makes it a high calorie Italian dish. So, if you are on a weight loss diet, use low-fat cheese.
Italain tacos, Italian recipe:
Preparation time: 2-4 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Italian sausage- 200gms
- Ground beef- 250gms
- Taco shells- 4-5
- Tomato-3 (sliced)
- Oregano- 1tsp
- Chilli flakes- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Mozzarella cheese- ½ cup (shredded)
- In a skillet, combine beef with Italian sausage. Cook on medium flame till the meat becomes brown.
- Drain off excess grease from the skillet and season the cooked beef and sausage with salt, oregano and chilli flakes.
- In a plate, place the taco shells. Now take a spoon and stuff the cooked beef and sausage mix inside the tacos.
- Place sliced tomatoes and then spread shredded mozzarella cheese. Microwave for 3-4 minutes.
Italian tacos are ready to eat. Serve it hot with tomato ketchup and paprika sauce. If you want to make it more cheesy, you can add pasta sauce. Just heat pasta sauce in a pan on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes. Let it cool and then add sugar. You can pour this pasta sauce before placing the sliced tomatoes. If you want to make it spicy, you can add more seasoning as toppings.