Ramzan is a very auspicious month for Muslims across the world. Irrespective of the work life, they have to fast during this month, as it is believed that it will take them closer to God.
During the month of Ramzan people do not consume water or food for more than 12 hours at a stretch in a day. As we know, Suhoor is the morning meal that they take around 4 AM (before sunrise) and Iftar is taken post sunset.
Also Read: Spicy Chicken Sticks Recipe For Iftar Party
In the time gap of Suhoor and Iftar, our body usually needs a lot of energy for the rest of the activities that we take part in during the day.
In order to cope up with the lost energy, you'll need to eat well during both these times (Suhoor/Iftar).
Hence, today we shall be sharing a recipe with you which will fill your appetite and make you stay energetic throughout the day.
Serves - 4
Preparation time - 30 minutes
Cooking time - 45 minutes
- Chicken - 500 g
- Half-cooked rice - 1/2 kg
- Aloo (potatoes) - 4 to 5
- Cinnamon - 4 to 5
- Cardamom - 4 to 5
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Peppercorns - 5 to 6
- Green chillies - 8 to 10
- Onions - 2 cups
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander - 4 to 5 strands
- Saffron - 1 teaspoon
Also Read: Awesome Recipes To Try For Iftar
- Heat oil in a pan. To that add the finely chopped onions and fry them until teh onions turn reddish brown in colour. Then, keep this mixture aside.
- To the same pan, add oil and then add the chopped potatoes and fry them well.
- Keep this aside.
- Now, take a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces to it. Then, add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice.
- Neaty mix all the ingredients well and keep this aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now, heat some oil in another pan. To this add cinnamon, cardamom, pepper, bay leaf, green chillies and cloves.
- Saute them well.
- To the same pan, add the chicken mixture and saute the content well.
- Now, take a pressure cooker and add half-cooked rice to that.
- Then, add the chicken mixture on top.
- This can be later followed by added fried onions and saffron.
- Let it cook for three whistles. Garnish it with coriander when done.
Serve the hot chicken and aloo biryani with some raitha to relish the goodness of this dish and do write to us your feedback.