Omelette is a very tasty and highly preferred as a breakfast recipe. They are not only easy to make but are healthy too. Egg whites have many health benefits. They are low in cholesterol, rich in proteins and vitamins and are also good for the heart. Avoid using egg yolk while preparing omelette. If you are running out of time for work or college, just prepare omelette. You can try stuffed omelette too. They are filling and can be made with left overs of the night. For example, turkey stuffed omelette is a filling and healthy breakfast recipe that can be made within minutes. If you have leftover roasted turkey, use them in your breakfast. Lets check out the recipe to make turkey stuffed omelette.
Turkey filled omelette recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Leftover shredded turkey- ½ cup
- Eggs- 3-6
- Grated cheddar cheese- ½ cup
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Spring onions/scallions - 2 (chopped finely)
- Black pepper powder- 1tsp
- Unsalted butter- 2-3 tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Heat 1tbsp butter in a frying pan. Add the onions and spring onions together. Cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Put them in a bowl. Now combine it with grated cheese and shredded turkey.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and whisk. Add salt and black pepper powder and whisk until it becomes fluffy.
- Heat an omelette pan on a medium flame. When it is hot, add 1tsp butter and let it melt. Move the pan so that the butter spreads all around its surface.
- When the butter stops foaming, pour the whisked egg. Let it sit for 2-3 seconds so that it coagulates.
- Now move the pan to spread the egg on its edges. When it looks cooked, you can flip to the other side and cook.
- Now, spread the cheese, turkey and onions mixture in the centre and then take out the omelette from the pan.
- Put on the plate and then roll it. Repeat the process with the remaining eggs and mixture.
Turkey filled omelette is ready to eat. Serve it hot with tomato ketchup and a glass of fruit juice.