Tuna is among one of the tastiest fishes. Most of the people who are fish lovers simply love to gobble on a tuna recipe. Here we will make a tuna rice recipe. This is one of the most yummy and mouth smacking rice recipes to be savoured on. A tuna rice recipe is counted among the tastiest and yet low calorie rice recipes due to the minimal amount of oil used in it.
The main ingredients for the tuna rice are some tuna fillets, basmati rice, onions, garlic, celery etc. Give a hand to a tuna rice on a holiday as it is very easy to make. This main course recipe is sure to be liked by all your loved ones. Try this easiest recipe for making tuna rice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes
- Tuna Fillets- 1 can
- Basmati Rice- 500gms
- Garlic- 7-8 pods (chopped)
- Onion- 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies- 2-3(finely chopped)
- Celery- 1 ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice- 2tbsp
- Black Pepper- 1-2tsp
- Parsley- ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Vegetable Oil- 8tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Pressure cook the rice on one whistle over a high flame. After the pressure releases open the lid and keep the rice aside.
- Keep a frying pan over the gas oven and add half the vegetable oil to it. Add some salt to the tuna pieces and fry them in the oil over a medium flame. Strain the extra oil and keep aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the same pan. Keep on low flame and add the chopped garlic pods, onions and green chillies to it. Saute them for 3-4 minutes over low flame.
- Now add the celery, lemon juice, black pepper powder and tuna pieces to it. Fry them on low flame for 2-3 minutes and then add the parsley and rice to it. Stir for 2-3 minutes over a low flame and then take the pan off the flame.
- Your tuna rice is now ready to be served.
Serve the rice hot with a salad or any other side dish.