You always want to cook something special for your loved ones in the weekends, don't you? Seared salmon with sweet potatoes is a mouth watering fish recipe. Here in this salmon recipe we will first fry the salmon in delicate flavours and then immerse it into the mashed sweet potatoes. This recipe of salmon and potatoes has a tangy taste due to the lemon used in it. Seared salmon in mashed sweet potatoes is a filling and nutritious recipe. Try this salmon recipe this weekend and satisfy the taste buds of your loved ones with its alluring taste. You can also make seared salmon using this salmon recipe on any occasion as it a fine delicacy that will be liked by all.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Salmon Fillets- 1 can
Lemon Juice- 2-3tbsp
Pepper Powder- 1tbsp
Sweet Potatoes- 6-7 (boiled)
Ginger Garlic Paste- 1tbsp
Red Chilli Powder- ½tbsp
Parsley Leaves- 1 cup (finely chopped)
White Wine- 4-5tbsp (optional)
Beans- ½ cup (finely chopped)
Carrots- 1 cup (finely chopped)
Olive Oil or Butter- 7-8tbsp
For The Seared Salmon
- Marinate the salmon fillets in lemon juice, pepper powder and some salt for a minimum of 15-20 minutes. Keep aside
- Place a frying pan over a gas oven and add 5-6tbsp of olive oil or butter to it. Now fry the salmon on both sides over a low flame for 5-6 minutes. Strain the extra oil and keep aside.
- Now peel off the boiled sweet potatoes, mash them using your hands and add them to the same frying pan. Stir on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, parsley leaves, white wine and some salt to it. Saute the whole mixture over a low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the salmon fillets in it and gently stir the mixture for 1-2 minutes over a low flame.
- Sprinkle the oregano over it and turn over the gas oven. Your seared salmon with mashed potatoes is ready to eat.
For The Serving
- Take another frying pan and add the remaining olive oil or butter to it. Fry the finely chopped beans and carrots in it for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
Serve the seared salmon on 4-5 plates as required and garnish with the fried carrots and beans.
Serve it hot.
This salmon recipe will gain a lot of appreciations for its fine delicacy and flavours.