Fish pulao is an excellent rice recipe. You can use any fish of your choice for this pulao recipe. But we will use Rohu fish for this pulao recipe. This is a yummy rice recipe that is made with a blend of spices. The creamy texture of this pulao recipe comes from the use of khoya kheer (macadam) in it. Fish pulao is extremely popular among the fish lovers.
This pulao recipe is very much simple and can be made easily. Fish pulao is sure to be liked by all your family members irrespective of their age. The main ingredients that you need to make fish pulao are basmati rice, fish fillets, macadam and spices. Here is a simple rice recipe for making fish pulao.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Basmati Rice- 500gms
- Onion Paste- ½ cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 3-4tbsp
- Green Chillies Paste- 2-3tbsp
- Almonds- 1 cup (cut into small pieces)
- Fish Fillets- 1 can (rohu or any other fish)
- Turmeric Powder- 1tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 2tsp
- Lemon Juice- 1tsp
- Khoya- 2tbsp
- Bay Leaves- 2
- Cardamom- 2
- Ghee- 1cup
- Salt- To taste
- Take the basmati rice and add the onion, ginger garlic and green chillies paste to it. Also add some salt to taste and mix all the ingredients well. Keep is aside.
- Now take the fish fillets and marinate them with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice and some salt for 5-10 minutes.
- Place a deep bottomed frying pan over the gas oven and add half the ghee to it. Add the bay leaves, cloves and cardamom and fry on a low flame for a minute.
- Now add the fish and fry it well for 4-5 minutes over a low flame. Strain the extra oil and take the fish off the pan.
- Add the remaining ghee and rice to the same pan and add some salt. Stir the rice well for 2-3 minutes over a low flame and then add some water and cover the pan with a lid.
- Take off the lid after 3-4 minutes and then put it on a simmer. Let it absorb the entire water. Then add the fish, almonds, sugar and khoya. Stir for 2-3 minutes on a low flame and then take it off.
- Your fish pulao is ready to be served.
Serve the fish pulao hot with a gravy preparation.