Cheese souffle is actually a cheese casserole recipe. You can have it as breakfast or lunch depending on the quantity you make and the ingredients you put in it. You xan easily convert this brunch recipe into a dinner recipe by adding meat to it. However this occasion it is a perfect Valentines recipe for a late mid morning brunch.
Ingredients For Making Cheese Souffles:
1. Cheddar cheese 1 cup (grated)
2. Eggs 2 (whites and yellows separate)
3. Skimmed milk ' cup
4. Flour 1 cup
5. Butter 3 tablespoons
6. Salt as per taste
7. Broiled mushrooms 4 (optional)
Procedure For Making Cheese Souffles:
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan. Pour the flour over it and stir it in till the butter gets absorbed into it uniformly.
- Pour the milk over the flour and heat it gently until the mixture thickens. Stir it all along so that it does not form lumps.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese into this mixture and heat till all the cheese melts into it.
- Remove it from flame and beat the egg yours into it. Mix well and you add the extras like mushrooms or meat at this time if you want to. Add a pinch of salt to it.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 degrees and beat the egg whites until it stiffens.
- Pour the mixture into souffle bowls (small round bowls that are microwave proof and layer the tops with the egg whites.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the soft souffles are ready to melt in your mouth.
Serve your beloved Cheese Souffles on V Day to share your love.