If you want something easy and yet special for your Sunday's breakfast then it has to be some soft cheese omelette served with hashed potatoes. Quite a traditional English breakfast it is but very useful for the contemporary times. It is an egg breakfast recipe that is easy to make and quick. Cheese omelette is an easy breakfast recipe that can be turned out literally in 3-5 minutes. And if you are willing to put in a little more effort then you can actually rustle up some hashed potatoes alongside to complete your egg breakfast recipe.
A traditional English breakfast would have many courses and also include muffins and sausages but those are readily available. The eggs are the only part of this spread that need your attention. This is because this delicate egg breakfast recipe can be easily spoiled by tactical mistake of overcooking.
Perfect for your a sumptuous breakfast spread on Sunday.
Ingredients For Cheese Omelette And Hash Browns:
1. Eggs 2 for each person
2. Milk 2 tablespoons (for 2 eggs)
3. Ground pepper 1 teaspoon
4. Oregano 1 teaspoon
5. Parmesan cheese 1 cube
6. Potatoes 4 (boiled and peeled)
7. Butter 3 tablespoons (one for the omelette and 2 for the potatoes)
8. Salt as per taste (in the potatoes)
Procedure For Cheese Omelette:
- First of all boil the potatoes and peel off their skin. The browns will take more time so you need to prepare for them first.
- Mash the potatoes with the back of a serving spoon and add salt pepper to it. Pour 2 tablespoons of molten butter on the potatoes and mix the whole thing together to form a mashed up mass of buttered potatoes.
- Set it in a greased microwavable dish and let it get grilled on the lower rack of the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs in a bowl by adding milk in it. Milk keeps the omelette soft and spongy. Add a pinch of salt and oregano.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a flat pan and when it redden sprinkle pepper on it. Pour the beaten eggs over the butter and within 30 seconds grate some cheese into it.
- Fold the omelette into half and turn it around. Give it about 1 minute for the cheese to melt delicious and remove from flame. Keep the flame low throughout.
- By now the mashed potatoes will start smelling baked and have a brown layer on them.
Enjoy your cheese omelette with some fresh juice and muffins.