Fashion is like a wheel; what goes around comes around. Harem pants were inspired by the Arabian balloon pants worn by belly dancers. They are now one of the most trendy and fashionable pants to be seen in. The deal is that even if you are following the most latest fashion trend of 2012 you will still have to do it right. If you team it up with the wrong kind of accessories then it loses it charm.
To wear harem pants in the best possible way you need to understand the basics of Indo Western fashion.
Tips To Wear Harem Pants Fashionably:
1. Match the Colours Well: Just because these fashion pants are found in a range of rainbow colours does not mean that you have wear all seven colours of the rainbow at once. The concepts of color combination do not suddenly change when it comes to these pants. If your bottom is brightly coloured choose a subdued top.
2. Best Tops For It: You can wear these pants with short kurtas, tops, tunic and slightly longish t-shirts. It can be very ethic in earth colours or go a little whacky with a bold message t-shirt. Wearing these pants with 'Rock' t-shirts, mostly black in colour, is the latest fashion trend of 2012.
3. Never Wear Them With Long Kurtas: Please understand that harem pants are pants and not salwars. You cannot mix and match it with your salwar kameez kurtas like you match your chudidars. You will see many women do it and it is the fashion disaster of the century.
4. How To Make It Indo Western: The pants are fashionable by themselves but you can carry different kinds of looks with it. If you have a fusion look in mind then you have wear short tops with it and finish with a contrasting stole or dupatta crossed over your neck. It should match the colour of your pant and contrast it with your top.
5. What Should You Feet Wear: Not all kinds of foot wear will go with these pants. Many people make the mistake of wearing stilettos and patent leather pumps with it. Actually harem pants are strictly casual wear. You can wear it with ethnic slippers, flip flops or jutis (mojris). Avoid formal shoes if you want to wear heels.
6. Bag It Up: Just like shoes, your bags too need to be compatible with the entire getup. You cannot carry posh leather purses that you carry to office. It is better to go for jholas (cloth bags) and woven bags of cane or straw. It gives it the light casual and ethnic looks at once.
7. Accessorize It Boldly: Wear lots of bangles or chunky bracelets, your large beads or any other kind of fusion jewellery. Even a simple watch will not look out of place. What you cannot wear is chic stuff like pearls or diamonds.
Use these fashion tips for women to wear harem pants with penchant.