Dark spots, also known as hyperpigmentation or age spots, are common skin problems that increase with age. Because it consists of areas being darker or having a change in colour than the rest of your face, it can be really frustrating.
These dark spots on the face can be an embarrassing indicator of age. Hyperpigmentation or dark spots is basically darkening of an area of skin or nails caused by the increased production of melanin.
What Causes Dark Spots?
• Dark spots on face can generally be due to overproduction of
melanin, or skin pigment.
• Dark spots on face can be caused by acne, prolonged sun exposure or artificial UV light.
• Dark spots can generally occur everywhere on the body, but they are likely to occur on the face, arms, back of hands, shoulder, and neck.
How To Identify Dark Spots?
• Dark spots are painless and generally have the same texture as
the rest of the skin.
• Dark spots range from light brown to dark black in colour.
• They are usually seen on sun-exposed areas of the body like hands, face, arms, shoulder, etc.
• A dark spot on the skin follows acne that has healed over a long span of time.
• Dark spots do not have depression but are steep and have defined edges.
• The size of the dark spots usually ranges from the size of a pencil eraser to the size of a dime.
• These pigmented spots are generally smooth and flat in texture, which should not be confused with moles.
Home Remedies To Treat Dark Spots
Because dark spots on the face may be embarrassing, it is very important to get rid of them at an early stage. Here we mention to you some easy remedies to treat dark spots.
1. Lemon And Baking Soda Mask
Take some baking soda and add some lemon juice to it. Mix both the ingredients together and apply this mask on the face. Wait for some time and wash off with cold water. Use this remedy twice in a day to prevent dark spots on the face.
2. Papaya Juice
Using papaya juice can help to lighten the skin and also treat dark spots on the face. Take one papaya and extract its juice. Now apply this juice on the spots and wash off after 10 minutes.
3. Pineapple Juice
Using pineapple juice is another great remedy that can help to treat dark spots on the face. Due to a high amount of Vitamin C present in the pineapple juice, it can help to treat the dark spots and also give you a glowing skin.
4. Mango Mask
Due to a high amount of proteins and antioxidants found in mango, it can help to treat blemishes on the face. It helps to treat acne and dark spots on the face as well. Take some mango pulp and massage your face with this. Do this for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water.
5. Tomato Pulp
Using tomato and olive oil mask can help to treat dark spots on the face and also prevent clogging of pores. Take one tomato and extract its juice. Add one spoon of lemon and one spoon of olive oil to it. Mix all the ingredients together and apply this face mask. Massage on the dark spots and wash off with water.
6. Cinnamon And Yogurt Mask
Due to antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties found in both the ingredients, this mask helps to treat acne and dark spots on the face. Take some cinnamon powder and add some yogurt to it. Mix both the ingredients together and apply this on the face. Wash off with water.
7. Onion And Lemon Juice
Using onion and lemon juice can also help to treat dark spots. It helps to deal with acne scars on the face. Take some onion and grind it to make a paste. Now extract the juice and add some lemon juice to it. Mix both the juices together and apply this on your face. Wash off with water later.