Is your skin dull, tired and visibly dark? Is no amount of over-the-counter skin care products making any difference? It's time to discard the chemicals and embrace the "herbal". And with herbal we mean - potato juice face masks!
You read that right, potato can do more than make for a delicious crunchy snack. It can repair, heal, rejuvenate and brighten your skin!
Potato in its rawest form is packed to the brim with vitamins A, C and B, which cleanse the skin of its impurities, shrink pores, energise the skin, making it instantly perky.
What's more, it also contains a high ratio of calcium, proteins and iron, which form a protective layer on the skin, repairing damaged skin cells, promoting regeneration of new skin cells, and all this, while improving the firmness of the skin.
To top it all off, potato juice also doubles up as an excellent bleach, which works to make the skin brighter, lighter and fairer by several shades without being harsh!
So, what are you waiting for? Here are some quick tricks and hacks using potato juice for fairer skin tone!
No amount of chemicals made any difference on those unsightly blemishes? Here is a quick trick that actually shows result!
Peel, mince and extract juice of a potato. Place it in the refrigerator to cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Dip a cotton ball into the solution, wring out the excess and gently dab it onto your skin. Let it sit until you feel your skin stretch and then rinse it off with cold water. Do this twice a day. It will not just lighten blemishes, but also brighten your skin tone.
Dark Eye Circles
Mix a tablespoon of chilled potato juice, with an equal amount of cucumber juice. Massage the solution on the area below your eyes. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse it clean with cold water. Apply the solution every night until you see a visible difference.
Skin Brightening Mask
- Using milk, grind a potato into a smooth paste.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the paste, mix it with a teaspoon of honey, 5 drops of almond oil and a required amount of rose water.
- Whip it into a smooth paste.
- Apply a thin coat to your face and neck.
- Let the mask sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When it becomes dry, scrub and rinse off the potato juice face mask.
- Take 1 tablespoon of tomato juice, mix in half a tablespoon of freshly extracted potato juice and add 5 drops of lemon juice with a pinch of turmeric.
- Using a spoon, keep stirring until you get a smooth paste. If the de-tanning potato mask is too runny, you can also add a teaspoon of besan to get a thick paste-like consistency.
- Apply an even coat of the mask on face and neck.
- Let it sit on the skin for the next 30 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Mix ½ a cup of potato juice, with an equal amount of water.
- Add 5 drops of tea tree oil to the solution.
- After cleansing your face with your regular face wash, use this solution to rinse your face.
- Do this twice a day and in no time, your skin will look brighter, tighter and younger.
This mask will not only tone the skin, lighten marks, but also slough off the dead skin layer, revealing clear skin underneath.
- Grate a potato finely and add in two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Mix until all the ingredients blend well.
- Apply it evenly on your face, avoiding the area under your eyes.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then scrub in a circular motion.
- Do this for 2 to 5 minutes, before rinsing it off with cold water.
Skin Repairing Mask
To repair, hydrate and brighten complexion, try this mask once a week.
- Take an egg white in a bowl, mix in 1 tablespoon of chilled potato juice.
- Beat it until you get a fluffy consistency.
- Using a brush, apply the mask all over your face and neck.
- Let it sit until the skin starts to stretch.
- Later, rinse it clean with lukewarm water.