Your relationship with your skin is topsy-turvy and never on a linear scale. If only skin care meant slapping on your favourite skin cream and be sorted all day long! Unfortunately, skin care means battling with breakouts, plucking out blackheads and blotting out the thick layers of dirt and grime.
And amidst our hectic schedule and scorching heat of the summer, it's only so much you can do for your skin! What you need is a pick-me-up product that reduces breakouts, keeps the greasy quotient of your skin in check and instantly perks up your skin without taking much of your time.
Also Read: Homemade Moisturisers For Dry Skin
Sounds too good to be true? What if we say, facial mist can do all this and more? And before you pick up the first chemically loaded facial mist you can get your hands on, here is a 2-minute facial mist recipe with the wholesome goodness of natural ingredients that is suited for all skin types.
The primary ingredients in our mist are organic rose water, aloe vera, witch hazel, cucumber juice and lavender oil.
Rose water revitalizes and softens the skin without disturbing its natural pH balance, aloe vera on the other hand has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation.
Similarly, witch hazel tightens the pores and cucumber extract hydrates the skin. And the last ingredient in our mist, lavender oil, works to refresh your skin and mind.
- ½ a cup of rose water
- 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice
- 1 teaspoon of lavender oil
Method of Preparation
- Grate cucumber and extract its juice. Pour all the ingredients in the specified proportion in a bowl. Whisk gently for the ingredients to blend well.
- Pour the solution in a sterilized bottle. Store it in the refrigerator to cool for an hour. Spritz the chilled mist onto your face and neck to instantly rejuvenate the skin.
From setting your flaky makeup, reactivating your dormant moisturiser to refreshing your tired skin, this 2-minute gentle yet potent facial mist can literally work wonders on your skin.
Do give this easy mist a try and let us know your inputs down in the comment section.