Nothing dampens your look the way puffy eyes do! And with our hectic schedule, improper diet and late-night social calls, there is no escaping the dreaded the puffy eyes, dark circles and crow's feet!
Now to address the situation, you have two plausible solutions. You either opt for under-eye creams that work just fine, but not without first drilling a hole into your pocket, or try out cheap albeit effective herbal remedies for baggy eyes instead.
We suggest you go for the latter. Here is why. First, it involves zero side effects. Second, unlike its counterparts, it does not involve toxic chemicals. And third, it costs a fraction of the money!
We all have those days when we get nasty eye bags; however, if you are susceptible to the condition often, here are some ground reasons you need to look into!
Excessive intake of salt, physical stress, genetics or hormonal imbalance are factors that could cause baggy eyes. It is easier to address a skin issue when you know the reason behind it, rather than groping in dark!
So, here are expert-recommended herbal remedies for baggy eyes that definitely work wonders!
This simple remedy relaxes the blood vessels around the eyes, which in turn removes the puffiness.
- Place two metal spoons in the refrigerator to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the rounded side of the spoon onto your eyes.
- Hold it until the coldness seeps out.
- It will instantly remove the puffiness, making your eyes look bright and alert!
Potatoes have bleaching and anti-inflammatory properties, which not just reduce eye bags, but also lighten dark circles.
- Peel, dice and extract 1 tablespoon of potato juice.
- Place it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool.
- Dip a cotton ball into the solution, wring out the excess and apply it all over your eyes.
- Wait till it dries completely before rinsing it out with cold water.
- Use this natural ingredient daily to revive dull eyes.
Lactic acid and protein present in milk can make your eyes sparkle with life!
- Dip two cotton balls into cold raw milk.
- Wring out the excess and gently dab it on to your eyes.
- Let the cotton pad sit on your eyes for 5 minutes and then rinse it with cold water.
Rose Water Ice Cubes
Rose water tones, relaxes and nourishes the skin, which in turn removes puffiness, not just in your eyes, but face too.
- Fill an ice tray with rose water and a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Place it in the refrigerator to solidify fully.
- Cleanse your face with water and pat dry.
- Later, massage your skin with rose water cubes, focusing on the area around your eyes.
- Do this for 10 minutes, and no need to rinse the face.
Proteins in egg can not just remove baggy eyes, but also banish the unsightly crow's feet.
- Take the egg white in a bowl.
- Cleanse your face and apply the mask under your eyes.
- Wait till it dries fully, before you rinse it out with cold water.
- Apply this Ayurvedic mask for puffy eyes twice a week to keep that sparkle alive in your eyes.
Alter Your Sleeping Position
Sleeping on your chest can cause fluids to buildup under your eyes. Try sleeping on your back to beat gravity and place two pillows under your head to keep fluids from depositing under your eyes.
Green Tea Bag
Tea bags contain a chock-full of antioxidants, which can reduce swelling, lighten dark circles and brighten your eyes.
- Place two used tea bags in the refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes.
- Place it onto your eyes, hold it until the coolness seeps out.
- Rinse your face with plain water.
If you have any more tips on how to reduce puffy eyes naturally, do share it with us in the comment section below!